Dr Tolulope Taiwo Shogade
BDS , MDS - MBCHb FMCP Cardiology
|Monday - Friday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Saturday||09:00 - 13:00|
Dr Tolulope Taiwo Shogade
ACHIEVEMENTS, IMPACTS AND SUCCESS STORY
Shogade’s vision is to bring her sphere of influence beyond the walls of the consulting room to the general public influencing their ways of life to healthy living through health education, seminars, and medical outreaches which will go a long way in preventing and treating medical conditions. She is working hard to influence policies that will make health services accessible and affordable to everybody
So far, through the following activities, she has been able to make positive impacts in the communities.
- As the vice president of the sickle cell group during her NYSC program, having realized the low level of awareness of blood genotype among secondary school students, she motivated the group members to commence an enlightenment program by educating secondary school students on the social and biological effects of sickle cell anemia.
- She also coordinated in genotype screening of Corp members during her NYSC (2006/2007) at very subsidized rates through assistance from the NYSC director of the hospital she served with (Saint Luke’s Hospital, Anua, Uyo. Akwa Ibom).
- As a member of LOC of Medical and Dental Consultant Association of Nigeria (MDCAN) Uyo Chapter Annual General Meeting of 20018/2019, she coordinated funds raising which was used to support the execution of a 5-day free medical outreach which was conducted by the MDCAN Uyo Chapter
- She coordinated May Measurement Month 2017 in Akwa Ibom State, where indigenes at different locations in the Uyo community were screened for hypertension. Participants were given health talk, drugs and those needing more treatment were referred to the hospital as appropriate.
- Shogade and her team members regularly carry out health education and disease screening programs to the indigene communities. Apparently healthy persons have been discovered to have serious health conditions that warrant urgent treatment.
- Gilead Heart Foundation just purchased mobile echocardiography which is used to screen indigene patients free or/and at very subsidized rates
- In October 2020, Gilead Heart Foundation partnered with Nigeria Medical Association, Akwa Ibom State, and screened all willing doctors in the State using the ECHO machine during their physician week
- Shogade regularly carries out radio interviews especially during World Heart Day and World Hypertension Day etc. sensitizing the populace about these chronic medical conditions; including how they can be prevented and treated.